A vacancy has arisen at the British High Commission for an Internal Communications Officer in the Communications Unit. This job is graded at LE II for which the current salary starts at Kshs.156,655/- per month before tax. Where the successful candidate is not liable to Kenyan tax, the salary will be abated under HM Treasury regulations to Ksh. 115,786/- per month to take account of the tax they would have paid.
Duties and Responsibilities:The Communications Unit within the British High Commission promotes the Corporate Vision of UK Mission in Nairobi, raising awareness & understanding amongst staff, on all aspects of the functions and activities of the office.
The main duties include:-
- Launching an online internal communications tool, an intranet that all staff can use.
- Developing, managing and implementing an intranet strategy, ensuring that it remains useful for staff, up to date, and accurate.
- Writing and editing content for the intranet.
- Championing the use of SharePoint and Intranet.
- Developing other communications tools for internal communication, such as a staff newsletter, team briefings, notice boards, etc.
- Working with managers to promote effective internal communication and staff engagement, including with Corporate Services.
- Monitoring and evaluating outputs, including liaising with staff and checking staff survey results to ensure that internal communications meet the needs and requirements of staff.
- Ensuring that the Mission’s corporate identity is applied consistently throughout the organisation, including in reception areas.
- Supporting the work of the broader Communications Unit, and deputising for webmasters as appropriate.
- Proficiency in the use of Ms Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite i.e. Photoshop and Corel Draw.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, website & content management, will be an added advantage.
- Good written communication and editing skills.
- Be innovative and creative.
- Working with others (shows consideration for others’ needs and motivations, values diversity and works effectively and supportively with colleagues and contacts in the immediate and wider teams).
- Communicating (conveys information accurately and concisely. Expresses own views and contribute to team debate).
- Clear customer focus (understands and focuses on customer needs).
- Delivers results (consistently drives for high quality performance for self. Handles a variety of tasks, making progress on all fronts. Takes responsibility, recognising that others depend on them).
Application:The British High Commission does not appoint any agents to process job applications or arrange interviews and expects no fees to be paid to anyone.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Kenya
Applications – (CV plus covering letter) - clearly marked: - “LE II Internal Communications Officer” should be forwarded to the following address:
The Human Resources Manager
British High Commission,
Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box 30465 - 00100
Or by e-mail to: HR.Recruit@fco.gov.uk
Applications should be received on or before 3 August 2012. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
The British High Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are welcomed from all suitably qualified individuals irrespective of race, gender or disability. All applications will be treated on merit basis through fair and open competition.